Survey tools are digital applications that help users create, distribute, and analyze surveys, questionnaires, or polls. It is used to collect data, feedback, or opinions from a target audience. These software solutions streamline the process of designing surveys, reaching respondents, and interpreting results.
Survey software features include:
- Survey creation: Allows users to design and customize surveys with various question types, such as multiple choice, open-ended, or rating scale questions.
- Distribution: Provides multiple channels to share surveys, such as SMS, WhatsApp, email, social media, or embedding on websites or apps, ensuring a wider reach to the target audience.
- Data collection: Gathers responses from participants and stores them in a centralized location for easy access and analysis.
- Analysis and reporting: Offers tools to analyze survey data, generate reports, and visualize results using charts, graphs, or other visual aids, making it easier to understand trends and patterns.
- Integration: Can be integrated with other software or tools, such as CRM systems or marketing automation platforms, to streamline workflows and enhance data-driven decision-making.
Different Uses for Survey Tools
Survey tools can be used to improve operations, make data-driven decisions, and enhance customer and employee experiences. Some common uses include:
- Market research: Gather insights into consumer preferences, trends, and competitors to make informed decisions about product development, marketing strategies, and pricing.
- Customer satisfaction: Measure customer satisfaction levels, identify areas for improvement, and collect feedback on products or services to enhance customer experiences and foster loyalty.
- Employee engagement: Assess employee satisfaction, identify workplace issues, and gather feedback on company policies, benefits, and the work environment to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Product feedback: Collect user feedback on product features, usability, and performance to identify areas for improvement and guide future development efforts.
- Event evaluation: Gather feedback from attendees or participants after events, such as conferences, workshops, or webinars, to evaluate their success and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead generation: Use surveys to capture contact information from potential customers, gauge their interest in your products or services, and qualify leads for sales and marketing efforts.
- Training and development: Assess employee skills, knowledge, and training needs to design targeted learning and development programs.
- Brand awareness: Measure brand perception, awareness, and positioning in the market to inform marketing and branding strategies.
- Post-purchase evaluation: Understand customer experiences after purchasing a product or service, identify potential issues, and improve the overall purchase process.
- Compliance and risk management: Use surveys to assess compliance with industry regulations, identify potential risks, and implement necessary controls to mitigate them.
By using survey software, businesses can collect valuable data and insights to inform decision-making, improve operations, and enhance customer and employee experiences.
Types of Survey Tools Available
There are various survey tools available, catering to different needs and purposes. Some common types include:
- Online survey tools: These are web-based platforms that allow users to create, distribute, and analyze surveys online. They are user-friendly, accessible from any device with internet access, and typically offer a range of features and customization options.
- Mobile survey apps: These are applications designed for smartphones and tablets, allowing users to create and distribute surveys on the go and enabling respondents to complete surveys using their mobile devices.
- Enterprise survey software: These are comprehensive survey solutions designed for large organizations with complex survey requirements, advanced analysis needs, and integration with other enterprise systems. They typically offer advanced features, such as sophisticated branching logic, panel management, and robust reporting capabilities.
- Customer feedback tools: These are specialized survey software focused on collecting customer feedback and measuring customer satisfaction. They often include features for tracking customer feedback over time, analyzing customer sentiment, and identifying trends in customer satisfaction.
- Employee engagement tools: These are survey software specifically designed to assess employee satisfaction, engagement, and workplace culture. Examples include Culture Amp, Glint, and TINYpulse. They often include features for tracking employee feedback over time, analyzing employee sentiment, and identifying trends in employee engagement.
- Offline survey tools: These are survey software that allows users to create and distribute surveys without an internet connection, typically through mobile devices or standalone kiosks. They are particularly useful for field research or in situations where internet connectivity is limited.
- Open-source survey software: These are survey platforms with open-source code, allowing users to customize and modify the software according to their specific needs. They are typically more flexible and customizable but may require more technical expertise to set up and maintain.
Choosing the Right Survey Tool for your Business
When choosing a survey tool for your business, it’s essential to consider several factors to ensure the software meets your specific needs and requirements. Here are some key aspects to consider.
- Purpose and objectives: Clearly define the goals and objectives of your surveys, such as customer satisfaction, employee engagement, market research, or product feedback. This will help you identify the features and capabilities you need in a survey tool.
- Ease of use: Look for a survey tool with an intuitive interface and user-friendly design, making it easy for you and your team to create, distribute, and analyze surveys without extensive training or technical expertise.
- Customization: Choose a survey tool that offers a range of customization options, including question types, survey templates, and design elements, to create surveys that align with your brand and target audience.
- Distribution options: Ensure the survey tool supports multiple distribution channels, such as email, social media, embedded links, or QR codes, to reach your target audience effectively and increase response rates.
- Mobile compatibility: Opt for a survey tool that is mobile-friendly, allowing respondents to complete surveys on their smartphones or tablets, as well as enabling you to create and manage surveys on the go.
- Data analysis and reporting: Look for a survey tool that offers robust data analysis and reporting features, such as real-time results, data filtering, and visualization tools, to help you gain insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Integration capabilities: Choose a survey tool that integrates with your existing business systems, such as CRM, marketing automation, or HR software, to streamline workflows and enhance data management.
- Scalability: Consider whether the survey tool can scale with your business needs, offering additional features, capabilities, or user licenses as your organization grows.
- Security and compliance: Ensure the survey tool adheres to data privacy and security standards, such as GDPR or HIPAA, and offers features to protect respondent data and maintain compliance.
- Pricing and budget: Evaluate the survey tool’s pricing structure, including subscription fees, per-response costs, or additional feature costs, and ensure it aligns with your budget.
By considering these factors, you can choose a survey tool that perfectly fits your business needs and objectives. This will enable you to collect valuable feedback and insights to inform decision-making and improve your products, services, and overall customer experience.
Howazit vs other Survey Tools
|Feature/Aspect||Howazit||other Survey Tools|
|Focus||Collecting customer feedback and acting upon it||Different from tool to tool|
|Key Features||AI-powered chatbots, messaging, customer support||Surveys, analytics|
|Integration||Seamless integration with existing infrastructure, 3rd parties,||Most tools integrate to the basic common CRMs|
|Pricing||Custom quote, per usage||Free service with limited basic features or custom quote|
|Onboarding||A robust process fully managed by the account manager||Self service|
|Notifications||Team management, notification logics, and user access control||A basic notification per response|
Admin and team management available for enterprise users
|Security||The highest security standards and cyber strategies||Enhance governance and security features are available for enterprise users|
|DTA (Drive to Action)||Smart DTA – driving customers to relevant action based on their profile||A simple redirect per completion only for team and enterprise plans|
|Service recovery||Automated and manual service recovery||N/A|
|Supported touchpoints||Accompaniment across the entire journey – helping with multiple touchpoints along the way||Providing a platform for surveys that can be used at multiple touchpoints|
|Multiple products||A complete communication platform that includes Interactive chatbot, personalized web application and omnichannel communication, as well as insightful dashboards and reports.||A survey platform|
|Account Manager||Premium support during ongoing and onboarding via live-chat, email, and phone, by an allocated account manager who is a CX expert||Email support and phone support mostly self service unless you take the enterprise plan|
|Deliveries||Managed deliveries based on timing and channels, including smart reminders sequences||Simple, based on triggers|
|Spamming||Smart quota and deliveries management||N/A|
|Customization and Branding||All products are fully branded and customized||Basic branding, cross brand customization available only for enterprise plan|
|Dashboards, Analytics, and reports||Insightful dashboards, custom reports, and push notification, manual and at real time||Has analyze features and general reports|